The lottery is open until February 26, 2024. The lottery for the 2024-25 school year will be drawn on February 29th.
Lottery Results showing your child’s lottery number will be posted on our Lottery Results Page the day after the drawing. Waiting list progress will be regularly updated on the Lottery Results page.
- You will be notified by phone and 2 emails, if we reach your child’s lottery number.
- Please contact the school immediately if your contact information changes.
- Monte del Sol is not responsible for incorrect contact information.
- You must click “Accept or Decline” on the acceptance letter within five school days of notification of acceptance.
- If you have not responded to the email, the space will be offered to the next student on the waiting list.
If a space opens up during the school year, we call students from the waiting list
until the space is filled.
If your student is not accepted, you must enter the lottery the following year.
Waiting lists do not carry over from year to year.
Sibling Enrollment Policy
They will be placed first in any open spots at each grade level. A sibling waiting list will be created if there are more siblings than spaces available.
If the student is not entered before drawing, they will be placed at the bottom of the sibling waiting list.
A sibling is defined as a brother or sister of a student currently attending Monte del Sol at the time of the lottery who:
- is living in the same household and has one or both parents in common;
- is a half-sibling or step-sibling living in the same household as a currently enrolled student; or
- is a child under court-ordered legal guardianship of parent(s) of a student currently attending MdS.
Verification of sibling status is required.
Children of employees of Monte del Sol
Children of employees of Monte del Sol must be enrolled in the lottery before drawing is held and are given enrollment preference.
Military families relocating to military installations in New Mexico pursuant to official military orders may submit their student’s name for the lottery and, if selected, enroll their student in Monte del Sol, prior to actual physical presence in the state. Monte del Sol shall accept electronic enrollment applications from military families relocating to New Mexico pursuant to official military orders, and shall provide such families requesting information with information regarding the School’s program, materials regarding academic courses, electives, sports and other relevant information regarding the School.
A student’s parent:
- shall provide proof of residence in the state within forty-five days after the
published arrival date provided on official military documentation; and
- may use any of the following addresses related to the family’s military move:
(a) a temporary on-base billeting facility;
(b) off-base military housing; or
(c) a purchased or leased residence.